We provide tactical, carbonaceous live fire training facilities for Fire & Rescue Services, private industrial companies and military fire brigades.
Our facilities, data monitoring expertise and ability to simulate real fires allow us to develop a range of bespoke training solutions for fire services training.
Fire Services Training Facilities
Residential fire facility:
- 2 storey, 3 bedroom residential house
- 2 accessible entry points
- Lounge and bedroom carbonaceous fire cells
Multi-storey BA complex:
- 2 storey, 7 compartment facility
- Reconfigurable to between 4 and 7 compartments
- 1 internal and 2 external staircases
- Hot fire training facility with overall floor area of 120m2
Compartment fire behaviour facilities:
- 40ft CFBT demonstrator unit
- 40ft CFBT attack compartment
- BA cleaning / storage room with work surfaces, 2 sinks with hot running water, hanging storage for BA sets and a BA Cylinder rack
- Teaching environment including visual display equipment, accommodating up to 20 people (seated)
- Water supply suitable for refilling appliances
- Shower and changing rooms (male & female)
- Outdoor covered area with raised storage for BA equipment during training
- Off-road parking for up to 2 appliances and 6 vans / cars
- Clean room with a fridge and a microwave to serve refreshments and lunch. A freezer is provided for freezing ice vest pouches.
Fire Services Training Support Services
Technical support - Our engineers are able to provide support on all levels to integrate with your training needs.
Monitoring - All internal training environments are monitored for gas temperature. Real time graphical displays can be provided for debriefing sessions.
Safety - Method statements and risk assessments are developed in conjunction with training officers and Union officials.
Time - To maximise the time available for training, facilities are often set up before you arrive.
Flexible - Our flexible training environment can be tailored to suit your exact needs.
Maintenance – We will maintain all equipment and ensure that all the facilities are serviceable and available for the duration of the contract.
We are based near High Wycombe, 10 minutes from Junction 4 of the M40. Accommodation can be arranged at a preferential rate with a local conference centre.
For the last five years, we have provided training facilities for compartmental fire behaviour, positive pressure ventilation and breathing apparatus training for Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Services. More recently this service has now been extended to cover the requirements of four further Fire Services. Our experience amounts to having provided the facilities for in excess of 600 Fire Services training days.
Outside of the area of fire training, we have worked in collaboration with Fire & Rescue Services in projects such as the arson risks associated with domestic wheelie bins and fire behaviour in indoor play areas. We have also provided the venue and facilities in order that Fire Services can witness live trials of new fire fighting technologies prior to purchase. This service has prevented brigades investing considerable sums of money in equipment that did not suit their needs.
In addition, we have considerable experience in fire behaviour and fire research projects covering sectors as diverse as:
- Motor racing (Formula 1)
- Nuclear power generation
- Transport solutions
- Fire suppression and detection