We provide Environmental Noise Surveys for existing or proposed residential, commercial and industrial developments, carried out in accordance with one or all of the following:
- Planning Policy Guidance 24: Planning and Noise (PPG24). This standard provides guidance to local authorities on minimising the adverse impact of noise on new residential developments, including recommendations on appropriate levels for exposure to different sources of noise.
- BS 8233: 1999 Sound Insulation and Noise Reduction for Buildings. This standard gives recommendations for the control of noise in and around new and refurbished buildings and buildings undergoing a change in use.
- BS 4142: 1997 Method for Rating Industrial Noise Affected Mixed Residential and Industrial Areas. This standard provides a method for rating industrial and commercial noise sources when brought into mixed residential and industrial areas.
In addition, we can undertake specialist noise surveys to meet guidelines in:
- Building Bulletin 93 (educational buildings). This document provides a comprehensive guide for those involved in the design of new school buildings in the context of the various types of spaces and activities.
- Health Technical Memorandum 08-01 (healthcare premises). This document sets out the recommended acoustic criteria for the design and management of new healthcare facilities.