We offer UKAS accredited acoustic testing to BS EN ISO 10140 series for construction elements seeking to demonstrate sound insulation performance up to 50 dB (Rw) or 65 dB (R'w) including:
- Doorsets (timber, composite, steel and PVC-u)
- Windows (timber, composite, steel and PVC-u)
- Glazing systems
- Penetration and linear joint seals
- Door seals
BS EN ISO 10140-1 consists of the following standards:
- BS EN ISO 10140-1 - Laboratory Measurements of Sound Insulation of Building Elements
- BS EN ISO 10140-2 - Measurement of Airborne Sound Insulation
- BS EN ISO 10140-4 - Measurement Procedures and Requirements
- BS EN ISO 10140-5 - Requirements for Test Facilities and Equipment
And has replaced the previous BS EN ISO 140 series for lab testing.
Our figures are calculated using BS EN ISO 717-1 - Rating of Sound Insulation and in Buildings and of Building Elements.
We offer a full scope of support services for clients to ensure the test programme goes as smoothly as possible. A technical officer is in attendance throughout the testing stage, to explain the testing procedure and review the results.
Our on-site workshop and technical team can assist with the manufacture of specimens, product installation, last minute adjustments and provide supporting constructions.
Our testing service is supported by Associate Members of the Institute of Acoustics.
We provide our clients with a comprehensive suite of testing services including fire resistance testing, security and burglary resistance testing, and durability testing. By having one test laboratory complete all the major performance criteria tests, our clients receive a co-ordinated, cost-effective and convenient solution.